|Cost:||Phone the office at (012) 654 7708 for information on course fees|
|Dates:||Available in Gauteng, Durban and Cape Town|
Please note all dates are not set, and could be changed according to interest & needs.
IMPORTANT NOTICE : On company request we can arrange a course if the company enrolls a minimum of 10 students.
*SAPCA members get 10% discount.
PCITA presents four different Skills Development short courses. This courses are designed to meet the needs of those both new to Pest Control and experienced individuals looking to upgrade their skills.
We are concious that although those involved in Pest Control are first and foremost the guardians of public health, many still regard pest control officers as simply “rat catchers”.
Pest Control today is both complex and highly regulated. Controlling target species without affecting the health of non-target species or damaging the environment takes both knowledge and skill.
With this in mind the three day course “Structural Pest Control” has been added to our training portfolio, which include the control of rats, mice, ants, cockroaches, bedbugs, fleas and flies.
About the programme
The Certificate provides an understanding of pests in domestic, commercial and industrial environments and their control.
Mixing and preperation of Pesticides as well as the safety measures to be taken.
It meets the criteria as set out by AgriSETA and fulfils the legal requirements relating to the training of officers as per regulation 2(3)(c) Section 10 of Act 36 of 1947.
Teaching and assessment
The programme covers
- Explanation, Application and Exercising health, safety and first aid.
- Rodents, Cockroaches, Ants, Fleas.
- Mixing and preparing Pesticides
- The usage of Pesticide application, safety and protective equipment.
- And the life skill ‘problem solving’
Whilst not intended soley for people working in Pest Control, those who are or who are intending to be employed will be better equipped to carry out their professional duties safely and efficiently.
- 3 days in class training, with a minimum of at least 6 months experience allows the candidate to apply for his “P” number with Department of Agriculture.
- In the case of Fumigation, 12 months infield experience are required by law.